- At port
- Tarzan rope
- Surfer with Boat landing
- Davit to davit
- Lifting cage
There is no such thing as standard crew change. Why ?
- Distance to shore
- Australian trade unions
- New standard from specific Oil company following a recent occurence
- SPS vessel required as per SOLAS rules / flag exemption refused
- No Helicopter available in the area
Crew changes organisation suggests:
- Good organization between back offices crewing departments and operations( passports, training, Visas, etc )
- Good preparation ashore with transport schedules, immigration appointments, hotels, crew list for Helicopter company.
- Strict rules concerning transport or personnel ashore